|Season 1, Episode 1 (1st overall)|
|Air date||October 11, 1996|
|Written by||Robert Mittenthal, Will McRobb, Chris Viscardi, Rick Groel|
|Directed by||Irene Sherman|
|Previous||What the Astronauts Drink!|
|Next||You've Tried The Rest! Now Try The Best!|
"Your Real Best Friend!" is the first episode of KaBlam!. It is the first episode of the first season.
Henry and June Act 1
|For the first time, Henry and June introduce themselves and explain the premise of the show KaBlam!. They show that they will turn the pages in the comic book without having you to deal with painful paper cuts or agonizing staple wounds. Henry lies in a hammock with a drink as he encourages the viewers to sit back and enjoy the "kablammiest cartoons in the known universe." June then tells the viewers to prepare their eyes, their ears and even their bladder (as Henry walks out of the bathroom), before they present the first cartoon, Sniz and Fondue. However, as Henry tries to turn the page, he gets a paper cut.|
Sniz and Fondue
Sniz is jumping on the bed in Fondue's room. Fondue, for the "billionth" time, asks Sniz to leave, but Sniz says it was actually "one billion and three" instances. Fondue storms out as he goes to trash Sniz's room, but walks in to already find it a mess. Fondue then makes a plan to keep Sniz out of his room by going to Darwin's Den, an exotic pet shop, and buying a Madagascar Scorpion. Fondue returns home, where Sniz is curious about the scorpion Fondue bought to guard his room but the scorpion escapes, after the container breaks. Sniz and Fondue suggest to their housemates, Snuppa and Bianca, that they all tape their feet up. The four split up into two groups in an attempt to capture the scorpion. Sniz and Snuppa discover "soap scum" in the bathroom while Fondue and Bianca lure out something underneath the couch, revealed to be Fondue's missing Luke Skyrunner action figure. The scorpion is then revealed to be on Fondue's back, where Sniz scoops it up with a tennis racket and it lands outside in a girl's sandbox where she smacks the scorpion with her shovel. Back in the house, Sniz resumes jumping on Fondue's bed. Fondue allows this, but he makes money through it, charging Sniz each time he wants to jump on the bed.
Henry and June Act 2
|Henry is glad that the Sniz and Fondue segment is over because the scorpion scares him. June then summons a black widow spider that entangles Henry in a web and tries to poison him. June is forgetting something, and Henry is now screaming and struggling to get out of the web. June now remembers and gets ready to turn the page to Action League Now!. Henry is once again screaming for help, and June will now free him if he becomes nice to her.|
Action League Now!
The Action League, a group of superheroes, are in Danger Driveway washing the new vehicle of their leader, the Chief. A vehicle then runs over the Chief, driven by the League's arch nemesis The Mayor, and litters on the roadway. The League, with the Chief's clean-looking ride, is in pursuit, before veering off the road and off a cliff. Thundergirl flies away and catches up alongside The Mayor, before an oncoming vehicle hits her. The League and the Mayor then engage in a western-style showdown in their respective vehicles, before the Mayor's demolishes the League's with no effort. The Mayor gloats in victory before then admitting "it's a draw" as he veers off the road and down a cliff, his vehicle exploding in the process. The League look on at the wreckage and ponder what sinister thing draws a person to litter. Meltman isn't sure what it is specifically, but he's sure it's flammable. The Mayor, still in his burning car, says, "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?" and the League laughs.
Henry and June Act 3
|After the conclusion of Action League Now!, June doesn't understand the art of "chuckimation" (used to film the segment), so Henry explains it for her before they go to the next cartoon, Life with Loopy. Henry turns the page, but this time, he is wearing a mitten to protect his hand from another possible paper cut.|
Life with Loopy
Larry Cooper, a 12-year-old, says to get the ultimate enjoyment out of rock band Bugsteak, one has to turn up the volume but some just don't get it. His 7-year-old sister Lupicia "Loopy" Cooper urges him to play with her, but he's too busy dancing to a song from Bugsteak and then calls Loopy a "goober," which upsets her. Larry is just going through a "phase," according to their mother, and she encourages Loopy to make a new friend. Loopy then creates a robot-like companion named Frank, mostly made out of parts from her father's old stereo system. Frank and Loopy are getting along great to start, but Larry has concerns after Frank makes comments about taking over the world and enslaving all humans. Mrs. Cooper is missing several of her kitchen appliances all of a sudden, which are in the basement with Frank to scheme. Loopy is bummed since all she wanted was a friend, but Larry says she already has one in him, and together they work to stop Frank. Larry holds up 30-day money back guarantees to threaten the kitchen appliances back to manufacturing, but Frank says those guarantees already are expired. Loopy attacks Frank from behind, putting in Larry's Bugsteak tape which shuts down Frank's systems. Larry thought Loopy might have been bummed losing Frank, but she never seemed to notice as the kitchen appliances join the two siblings dancing to Bugsteak.
Henry and June Act 4
|Henry and June stuff their heads with watermelons, which they then swallow into their stomachs. The two then shoot out the melon seeds in all directions, revealing the name of the episode's final cartoon, Prometheus and Bob.|
Prometheus and Bob
Prometheus tries to teach Bob how to make art. Prometheus paints a dog and then hands the brush to Bob, who bangs on the painting. Bob then uses the brush to make some artwork, but the Monkey shows up to drink the pink paint. The Monkey then regurgitates the paint onto the canvas. Bob is making more artwork on the canvas, while the Monkey is painting on Prometheus's spaceship. Prometheus is then knocked unconscious until Bob and the Monkey wake him up with green paint. Prometheus spills pink paint onto Bob, who then plasters his face onto the canvas, creating an art piece until the Monkey turns the camera to his artwork. Bob then tosses a rock at the camera.
Prometheus tries to teach Bob how to play the game of bowling. Prometheus rolls a strike, and then instructs the Monkey to set the pins back up for Bob to take his turn. Bob with the ball goes right up to the pins to knock them down himself. Bob is ready to play again, but the Monkey is standing right in front of the pins as Prometheus shoos him away. Bob hurls the ball up and it knocks down the camera. On another attempt, Bob rolls the ball but the Monkey blocks the ball next to the pins and the ball flings back. For the final attempt, Bob licks the ball but his tongue gets stuck to it before Prometheus and the Monkey free it, not without consequence as it hits a pile of boulders above which come crashing down.
Henry and June Act 5
|After running out of time on the show, Henry and June say the important, but funny Pledge of KaBlamlegiance: "I pledge allegiance to KaBlam!, and the excited snakes of America. And to the cartoonists who make us stand, one comic book, irreplaceable, liver-free, with jetpacks for all!" In the end, Henry and June fly with their jetpacks into the comic book.|
Henry and June
Sniz and Fondue
Action League Now!
Life with Loopy
Prometheus and Bob
- This is the pilot episode of KaBlam! as well as the pilot episode of Sniz and Fondue with Sniz and Fondue as its main characters (the animation, which is similar to how its pilot "Psyched for Snuppa" looked, changes after this episode).
- This is one of three episodes to feature two Prometheus and Bob segments. The other episodes to do this are "It's Flavorific!" and "Better Than A Poke In The Eye!".
- This is one of the last episodes of KaBlam! that has been initially rerun in the United States, airing in 2008 as part of Nicktoons Network's "100 Greatest Nicktoon Episodes," and on NickRewind (formerly known as The Splat and NickSplat) in October 2016, before it officially reappeared on VRV in late 2018 and on Paramount+ in March 2021.
- This episode was ranked #30 during "Top 100 Greatest Moments in Nicktoon History."
- The Pledge of KaBlamlegiance is a parody of the United States of America's Pledge of Allegiance.
For the Transcript to the Episode, klick here!
For the Gallery to the Episode, klick here!
Henry and June
- Jobsworth (a) - Ron Aspery (opening)
- The Beautiful Isles of Hawaii - George Elliott (Henry in a hammock)
- War Lords - Robert Cornford (June tells the audience to prepare themselves)
- Skaternity [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (Henry and June introduce Sniz and Fondue)
- 2-Tone Army (Blues Reprise) [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] ("I'm glad that's over.")
- Robbers (a) - Richard Harvey (spider behind Henry)
- Skaternity [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (June tries to remember what to do next)
- Robbers (a) - Richard Harvey ("...you save me from a painful death!")
- Skaternity [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] ("No, that's not it.")
- Robbers (a) - Richard Harvey (spider gets closer)
- Skaternity [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (June finally remembers what to do next)
- 2-Tone Army [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (upcoming segments)
- Busy Life - Cedric King-Palmer (Henry explains the process of traditional animation)
- War Lords - Robert Cornford ("But the people at Action League NOW! developed a process called 'chuckimation.'")
- America the Beautiful (a) - Graham De Wilde (the Pledge of KaBlamlegiance)
- Skaternity [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (credits)
Sniz & Fondue
- Toys for Boys - Boris Schoska (intro/title card)
- Horror, Music - Theme 9: Full Mix [Sound Ideas] (screams)
- Nonchalance - Gerhard Trede (opening)
- Deadline - Sam Spence (Fondue enters Sniz's room)
- Horror, Music - Theme 2: Full Mix [Sound Ideas] (scorpion exposed)
- The World About Us - James Clarke (Fondue agrees to buy it)
- Car-Test - Roland Kovac (Fondue takes the scorpion home)
- Drama Shock (b) - Richard Harvey ("A Madagascar scorpion!")
- Killer Birds - Gregor Narholz (scorpion lose)
- Drama Shock (b) - Richard Harvey ("One sting and it kills?!")
- Killer Birds - Gregor Narholz ("Sniz, look out!")
- March, Music - Theme 1B: Drums, Fanfare [Sound Ideas] (everyone plans to search the house)
- Horror, Music - Theme 34: Full Mix [Sound Ideas] (Sniz and Snuppa enter the bathroom)
- The World About Us - James Clarke ("Bad idea!")
- Drama Shock (b) - Richard Harvey (scorpion on Fondue's back)
- Killer Birds - Gregor Narholz (Fondue panics)
- Samba Viva - Alf Saro (ending)
Action League NOW!
- [original music by Nat Kerr and Rick Witkowski] (opening)
- Dramatic Impact 1 - Ivor Slaney ("Hey, that guy's a litterbug!")
- [original music by Nat Kerr and Rick Witkowski] (rest of short)
- The End 06 A Maj - Marcin Pospieszalski (ending)