|Comics for Tomorrow Today|
|Season 1, Episode 3 (3rd overall)|
|Written by||Robert Mittenthal, Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi, Anne Bernstein|
Not Just For People Anymore
|Episode guide (rerun)|
Built for Speed
Comics of Champions
"Comics for Tomorrow Today" is the third episode of KaBlam!. It is the third episode of the first season.
Henry and June: June demonstrates her "super-powers", which is touching her tongue with her nose and turning her eyelids inside out.
Henry and June: June shows that she has actual super-powers, one of them being telekinesis, as she lifts Henry with it.
Action League Now! - "The Wrath of Spot-Zilla": During a Nobel Prize ceremony to celebrate the Action League's accomplishments, they accidentally release "Spot-Zilla", that eats Stinky Diver and causes destruction. (This episode ends on a cliffhanger)
Surprising Shorts (Lava): A creature dressed like Tarzan, swinging on a rope tries to grab onto a larger creature's tail. The Tarzan creature grabs the tail of the larger creature and pulls it, making the larger creature fart and sending the Tarzan creature away.
Henry and June: Henry tries to prove he has a super-power by opening a bag of potato sticks, but fails.
Life with Loopy - "Egghead": Loopy turns into an egg and a chicken comes to take her. After she burps, the chicken leaves and Loopy turns back to normal.
Henry and June: With the encouragement from June, Henry finally sees his superpower as Host Boy, the power to turn the page.
- The Action League Now! short in this episode is the only one to have a cliffhanger that continues in a future episode.
- It is the first episode not to have two Prometheus and Bob segments in one episode.
- It is also the first episode to have Surprising Shorts.
- This episode is the first episode to contain five shorts instead of the regular four. However, in reruns with Lava being cut, the episode still has four shorts.
- This episode is available for download on Henry and June segment creator Mark Marek's website.
- The Lava segment and the Surprising Shorts bit proceeding it were removed from Nicktoons airings due to copyright issues.
- Even then, alongside with other episodes with Lava, it can still be seen on the credits in US airings. In international airings, Lava is cut off in the credits also.
- Lava is also left intact on the KABLAM! Korner recording.
- This episode was scheduled to air on The Splat on October 9, 2016, but was replaced last minute with It's Flavorific, which aired the night before, probably due to the Lava short or due to the lack of the Sandbox Girl gag.