|Built for Speed|
|Season 1, Episode 11 (11th overall)|
|Written by||Robert Mittenthal, Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi|
A Little Dab'll Do Ya
Comics of Champions
|Episode guide (rerun)|
All Purpose KaBlam!
Comics for Tomorrow Today
"Built for Speed" is the 11th episode of KaBlam!. It is also the 11th episode of the first season.
Henry and June: After calibrating the TV, June messes with the controls.
Sniz and Fondue - "The Making of a Supermodel!": Fondue has a priceless item that Sniz wants to open. Sniz sneaks into Fondue's room, opens the item behind Fondue's back, ruins it and then finds out that Fondue wants to open it after all.
Henry and June: Henry and June give the viewers a behind the scenes look at the opening intro of KaBlam!, while introducing their stunt doubles Nick and Larry.
Action League Now! - "Thunder & Lightning": Thundergirl is jealous of the newest superhero in town, Lightning Lady.
Henry and June: Henry and June show other cartoon shows including "Gout Patrol" and "Jeff, the Sad Dinosaur" which are not as "kablammier" than their next one.
The Louie and Louie Show: A hamster and chameleon, which are both named Louie, try to get their owners to show attention to them. (Louie the Chameleon is voiced by James Belushi, and Louie the Hamster is voiced by Billy West)
Henry and June: Henry and June close the show by being early on saying goodbye. However, their stage manager tells them they have 15 seconds left in the show so they have to "stretch" and keep it going.
Henry and June Quotes Edit
June: "Oh no! Henry, we're mutating! Ourselves... multiplying at an alarming rate! OOOOOH!" (June messing with the television knobs)
Henry: "JUNE, I'M GONNA STRANGLE YOU!!!!!!" (Henry charges towards the television as June adjusts his volume knob)
Henry: "It's dangerous work." June: "That's why WE don't do it." (about the opening intro stunts)
June: "Where's the music. And the credits. We're dying out here." (waving goodbye as she and Henry close the show)
June: "You want us to make taffy?!" (to stage manager)
June: "I thought we handled that quite well." Henry: "We're gonna get fired." (after the comic book closes)
- This is the first episode to only have three shorts instead of the usual "four shorts" per episode, due to how long The Louie and Louie Show short ran.
- This is the only appearance of The Louie and Louie Show, and is the only short throughout the entire series' run (besides Action League Now!) to continue after a commercial break.
- Since the end credits run faster than usual in the episode, they feature only still images rather than video clips from the shorts in the episode. The only other episode to do this is KaBlam! James KaBlam!.
- It is the fifth and fourth episode in a row without Prometheus and Bob.
- It is also the first episode without Life with Loopy.