|Season 1, Episode 5 (5th overall)|
|Air date||November 8, 1996|
|Written by||Robert Mittenthal, Will McRobb, Chris Viscardi, Vince Calandra|
|Directed by||Irene Sherman|
|Previous||Not Just for People Anymore!|
|Next||What the Astronauts Drink!|
|Next||Built for Speed!|
"All Purpose KaBlam!" is the fifth episode of KaBlam!. It is also the fifth episode of the first season.
Henry and June Act 1
|Henry explains that KaBlam! is the comic book where he and his co-host, June, turn the pages for the viewers. However, June is finishing up a new project, a Page King 2000, a remote-controlled device that will automatically turn the pages. She demonstrates it but Henry complains it's turning too many pages at once, begging her to turn it off. Henry then asks for the remote control before he smashes it prior to introducing Sniz and Fondue.|
Sniz and Fondue
Fondue, Bianca and Snuppa are teaching time to Sniz who couldn't care less. Sniz is then excited about a hot air ballooning special report on television at 7:00 p.m., and asks Fondue, Bianca and Snuppa for the time, but each are busy with their own matters, frustrating him. Later that night, Fondue, Bianca and Snuppa pull a timely prank on Sniz, asking him to meet them to go ballooning in the park at 10:00 a.m. the next day. However, due to his earlier laziness, Sniz struggles to tell the time and him asking strangers doesn't help as "don't tell me time" is marked on his forehead. Sniz finds Fondue, Bianca and Snuppa taking flight in the hot-air balloon and races up to a ledge where he'll try to jump to them. Sniz misses the jump and is falling, before the Frappini Watch and Clock Company's clock tower saves him. Snuppa says if Sniz hangs on till 10:30, there's a door to crawl through to escape, but Sniz says it's only 10:05 and has to wait 25 minutes, where Fondue, Bianca and Snuppa are happy to see him finally telling time. As the clock strikes 10:30, Sniz is excited before the cuckoo bird knocks him off the tower, bouncing off an awning, clanking his head on an anvil, going through a fan and hitting the wall of a knife business. A girl with a yo-yo then asks Sniz for the time, before he passes out.
Henry and June Act 2
|Henry and June are excited after seeing the way Sniz and Fondue took off, known in cartoon lingo as the "whoooshhh!". The two are taking a course in cartoon running, also known as the "bongo run." Finally, they do the "mid-air spin" before turning the page to Action League Now!.|
Action League Now!
In the Mayor's office, Action League members Meltman and Thundergirl try to shed some light on His Dishonor's next evil plan, which is a formula that the Chief has been after. Meltman uses a camera to document the evidence and says when the Chief sees the photographs, he will kiss Meltman. After Meltman attempts a self-portrait with it, the camera's flash stuns him as he stumbles backwards off the desk, knocking a phone down that hits him twice. At an "action vigil," the League is visiting Meltman who doesn't know where he is or who he is. The Chief is not pleased that the lens cap on the camera wasn't removed and the photos Meltman took of the formula are worthless. Bill the Lab Guy reveals that Meltman has amnesia, and the League tries several scenarios to regain his memories and the formula, such as dropping large objects on him. With these all failing, Bill the Lab Guy is now hypnotizing Meltman, who will be whatever told to be. After Justice inadvertently barks, Meltman has become a dog. He runs away from the League and onto a nearby street where a passing vehicle runs him over. Fortunately, this helps Meltman remember his memories and the photos he took of the formula – two sticks of butter, three cups of flour and two cups of chocolate chip – the Mayor's recipe for chocolate chip cookies! The Chief is overjoyed, saying he's been after the recipe for years and could kiss Meltman. The Flesh wants to as well, but bangs heads with the Chief, who is knocked into a box of nails and other supplies that come crashing down on him. The Chief is then revealed to have lost his memory.
Henry and June Act 3
|Henry states that amnesia is not pretty. June worries that she and Henry may have it too, but he doubts it. June then asks Henry what gift he got for his birthday seven years ago, which he doesn't remember and this upsets June because she wants to cure his amnesia. She sends down a large tank before Henry grabs an official Prometheus and Bob space helmet to protect himself, which he remembered as his gift.|
Prometheus and Bob
Prometheus is teaching Bob how to cross a bridge, which is technically a tree log. Prometheus goes across first, instructing Bob to follow, but he just jumps into the pit. Next, Prometheus once again crosses first and instructs Bob to follow. Bob at first refuses, before he then goes across sitting down, until the tree log rolls right and Bob is turned upside down. Prometheus attempts a rescue of Bob while the Monkey interrupts as Bob is turned upside down again (but this time, right side up). Finally, Prometheus is trying to teach Bob how to create a bridge – using a saw to cut down a tree log – but uses the saw on the log already made for a bridge as they fall down into the pit. The Monkey is then given the camera's remote by Prometheus to end the tape.
A green creature rides a firecracker, eventually ending up inside an animal's butt and is sent into "space."
Henry and June Act 4
|Within seconds Henry and June just go to the next cartoon, Life with Loopy.|
Life with Loopy
Loopy's sworn enemy is soap, when she wonders why she has to take a bath when all she'll do is just get dirty again, but her parents don't have a clear answer for that. Loopy is now refusing to take baths, as the rest of the family adjusts to this by spraying air freshener and plugging their noses. Mrs. Cooper notices something bulbous sprouting out of Loopy's hair, and Mr. Cooper recommends a bath. Loopy sarcastically obliges, but she continues to refuse to take baths. Loopy then has become what her brother Larry calls a "walking produce stand," which to some isn't a bad thing as her mother asks what fresh fruits/vegetables she has, but her father is not happy as he says as long as she's living in the house, she'll take baths like everyone else. Loopy then says she'll go live in the yard instead. At first, Larry said he wasn't a fan of Loopy's new hygiene, but he says the fresh air and sunlight has done wonders for her. A park ranger then shows up at the house talking to Mr. Cooper and Larry, announcing that Loopy will be turned into a state park with guided tours, picnic sites, camping grounds and nature trails. Her father at first has skepticism, but changes his mind once given a ranger hat and officially opens the Loopylation National Forest. Tourists then arrive to get their first look, but Loopy disapproves and heads inside to get a bath, quickly shutting down the forest. Larry says one battle may have ended, but another is about to begin as Loopy is hogging the bathroom.
Henry and June Act 5
|Henry and June compete in a golf tournament, the Transcontinental Mini Classic, which made prior stops in Hokokus, New Jersey, Niagra Falls, the Great Lakes, Mammoth Cave and Kickapoo, with its final stop in the Grand Canyon. All Henry has to do is sink a putt and he will have beaten June for the first time, in anything. Henry is annoyed with June's live commentary and distractions as he concentrates on his putt, which he just barely makes. As he celebrates his victory, he falls off a cliff.|
Henry and June
Sniz and Fondue
Action League Now!
Prometheus and Bob
Lava! (Surprising Shorts)
- Green creature
- Various animals
Life with Loopy
- The Lava! segment and the Surprising Shorts bit proceeding it was removed from Nicktoons airings due to copyright issues. Additionally, this episode was banned for a while in the United States because of the Lava! segment, but that had been lifted. The episode ran internationally without this segment from the get go.
- During the intro on the comic strip, still images from Season 1 episode "KaBlam! Gets Results" (one to the left of Henry and one to the upper right of June) can be seen, despite this episode airing a couple of episodes before that one.
- Hokokus, New Jersey is a parody of Ho-Ho-Kus, a borough in New Jersey.
- This episode does not use the original "Skaternity" as the ending theme. It uses an extended version of the show's theme song. The previous episode, "Not Just for People Anymore!" also uses this, albeit shorter.
For the Transcript to the Episode, klick here!
For the Gallery to the Episode, klick here!
Henry and June
- Special Event (d) - Dick Walter ("Behold the Page King 2000!")
- Sand Dance - John Leach, George Fenton (June does Egyptian dance)
- 2-Tone Army [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (Henry introduces Sniz and Fondue)
- Ska Memorabilia - Jake Burns, Bruce Foxton (after the Sniz and Fondue short)
- Opening Fanfare - Eddie Warner (June introduces the "Ever Popular Midair Spin")
- Ska Memorabilia - Jake Burns, Bruce Foxton (Henry introduces "Action League NOW!")
- 2-Tone Army [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (upcoming segments)
- The Plot Thickens - Dick Walter ("What if we had it, too?")
- Shock Horror (b) - Dick Walter (June freaks out)
- 2-Tone Army [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (Henry introduces Prometheus and Bob/"Not those kinds of shorts!")
- Skaternity [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] ("Here's what we like to call-"/"-our next cartoon!")
- Rush Hour - Sam Spence (Henry's last hole of his golf game in the Grand Canyon)
- Victory Fanfare - Alan Hawkshaw (Henry attempts the putt and succeeds)
- Intergalactic 2 - Ray Russel ("I DID IT!")
- 2-Tone Army [original music by the Moon Ska Stompers] (ending/credits)
Sniz & Fondue
- Toys For Boys - Boris Schoska (intro/title card)
- Happy End - Gerhard Trede (opening)
- Musical Chairs (A) - Dick Walter (Sniz watching TV)
- Remember Susie - Bob Elger (Sniz asks Bianca for the time)
- Fast Motion - Gerhard Trede (Sniz accidentally knocks Snuppa off a ladder)
- Brahms' Lullaby - Johannes Brahms (Snuppa, Bianca, and Fondue enter Sniz's bedroom at night)
- Schulausflug - Gerhard Trede (Sniz wakes up)
- Cue the Action! (a) - Dick Walter (Sniz runs downstairs)
- Horror, Music - Theme 4: Full Mix [Sound Ideas] (Sniz tries to study the clock)
- Girl in a Sportscar - Alan Hawkshaw (Snuppa, Bianca, and Fondue in a hot air balloon)
- Hit It - Warren Bennett (car radio music)
- Cue the Action! (a) - Dick Walter (Sniz notices the hot air balloon)
- King Kong Coming - Gregor Narholz (he thinks about jumping into the balloon)
- Cembalita - Fred Marius, Heide Pehofer (he gets thrown around)
- Police Car - Sam Spence (ending)
Action League NOW!
- [original music by Nat Kerr and Rick Witkowski] (plays throughout)
- CrescendoFin 10 D# - Marcin Pospieszalski (plays when Meltman acts like Justice)